On Monday, September 12, we had a very quiet day. When planning our trip to Maui, we really didn't have interest in doing a lot of touristy things. We went on this trip to relax, connect, and enjoy our time together before baby #2 comes. We also planned it before I'm cut off from flying October 1. I like to be on the go. I wish I could get paid to travel so I had to squeeze in one last trip before Oct. 1.
We did finally leave the pool area to head to the actual town of Lahaina. We were staying on the western side of the island. It's beautiful over there and the town of Lahaina is so quaint. There's a ton of shopping, restaurants, a cute little houses that line the beach.
I picked up a ton of restaurant guide books at the airport when we landed. In almost every book, I kept reading about Cool Cat Cafe. They were rated as having the best burgers on the island for the past 7 years. Oh my word, it was so dang good. I really don't think I've had a burger that good. I'm so glad we chose to go there that night!
After eating, we walked around for a bit. The restaurant was across the street from the Banyan tree. It was amazing. It was a massive tree, connecting to other trees by tree limbs.
After a short little walk, we came across a cute ice cream shop that had Macadamia nut ice cream. It was definitely Hawaiian and so yummy!
Here was our little spot from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We were so off when it came to the time in Hawaii because of the island being 6 hours behind our normal time zone. We would wake up so early, around 6am, Maui time and then want to go to bed around 8pm. It did pay off getting up so early though. We could grab great chairs under an umbrella to spend our full days at the pool. We ate breakfast and lunch by the water and enjoyed the sun and shade.
I have some great pictures of Todd going down the water slide on Tuesday and Wednesday. The slide looks short in the picture but Todd said it had a ton of turns and was super fast. He was going so fast at one point that I thought he was going to flip off the side. It wasn't advised that pregnant women go down so I passed.
2 comments:
You look great in that green dress! I'm happy for you two to have the time away. Can't wait to hear more about it!
Ooh roselani ice cream is the best. I swear they put crack in it because you can't stop eating it!!
Post a Comment