Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day was a fun one this year. We loaded up sweet pea and ventured off to Charleston, SC to see her great grandparents. Mom & I drove up Saturday mom, Dad flew in from Nebraska, and Todd flew in from Chicago. And why is it we can't live in the same state again??? :)
Lauren with her great grand parents who are also great babysitters. They have babysit now 4 times, allowing mommy & daddy to shop and sight see downtown Charley-Town.
The first time Lauren put her feet in the ocean.
We totally took her to Hilton Head in June but we never made it down to the beach. Sad? Why yes but she loved the pool too much.
How's this for a temper tantrum JUST because I took her away from playing AND eating the sand. All I wanted was a picture....geez! Drama queen :)
She would not smile for the life of her. I guess we shouldn't have taken her down to the water past her bed time. Bad Bad Parentals.
A little birthday celebration for Todd's Big 4-0....yes, that's right my husband is turning 40. Talk about him robbing the cradle :) and my Papa who is getting up there.....
Lauren and her fabulous grandparents
A little family photo action
Papa and his "sugar." That's what he calls her!
This child did not wake up until 8:45am in our hotel room. We finally just woke her up as we had places to see and things to do. We are definitely getting those shades for her room....ahhhh I can feel the long long sleep hours coming. Now she does sleep 12 hours at night but still.....
Check out my first pony tail - totally Pebbles!

7 comments:

SMillwood said...

The pics are great! Wonderful update, Court!

lindsay said...

I love the new pictures!

Heather said...

What a great trip!! Glad you had a great weekend! Your little sweet pea is a doll baby and that cookie cake looks delish!

Amanda Ledford said...

Yay for a good vacation! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

Britni said...

So cute! Ava has lots of the same outfits, they are well dressed babies=) Glad you had fun at th ebeach- next year will be better, she'll be running around but probably still eating the sand..

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Your daughter is too cute! I'm also a Courtney!!

I'm over at:
www.finewire.blogspot.com

I also do blog designs/makeovers...I'd love to work with you!
www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend :)

The Blanton's said...

Dude! You gotta call me when you are here! Mason would love to meet Lauren! (And of course I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you!)