Friday, September 18, 2009

Show Us Your Life Friday - Dinner Recipes


It's Show Us Your Life Friday again over at Kelly's Blog. This week she is featuring dinner recipes. I LOVE to cook but sometimes it can get overwhelming with all of the recipes I want to try. Ideally, I would like to make my own recipe book, filled with all of my favorites :)

***This recipe is on my recipe blog. The link is on the right side of my page***


BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA!!
Ingredients:
Pizza dough. You can buy this all ready to go in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, usually where the cheeses are. I bought the 3 mini pizza pack but you can buy 1 large pizza if you'd like
1 green pepper, sliced thin
1 red pepper, sliced thin
1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
BBQ sauce, pick your favorite
Pizza shredded cheese pack, use 1 cup or more if you'd like
boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into cubes. I used 2.5 breasts for 3 mini pizzas
Directions:
Cook Chicken in the oven or grill it. Let cool.
While the chicken is cooling, spread the BBQ sauce over the pizza crust(s) until the crust has a layer of sauce
Add chopped chicken
Add the thin slices of peppers and onion
Bake at the temperature and time that is on the back of the pizza crust package
Take out of oven and cover with shredded cheese
Continue baking until cheese is melted
Notes:
This turned out amazing!!! I just loved it! I used Sticky Fingers' BBQ sauce (Carolina Sweet flavor) and low fat shredded cheese
***Licking your fingers is NASTY but this is finger lickin good***

3 comments:

Kenna said...

Yummy to the tummy!

Emily said...

I have always wanted to try this but wasn't sure it would be good. Looks tasty!!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good. I think Im going to try it.