Monday, July 29, 2013

Thoughts On A Monday

We picked Todd up in Nashville yesterday. The flights out of Chattanooga are lame and disappear all the time.

He only has today off...more lame.

I just went shopping solo at Costco. I'm a strange one when it comes to buying groceries. I like to know where our food comes from.  I don't buy things with funky ingredients or words I can't say. That multi pack of Kraft Mac and Cheese had a great price but why must it be colored with wacko chemicals??

On that note, Lauren gets Cheetos as a treat sometimes at the pool. Hypocrite much? :)

I don't party plan way in advance or go all out with decor but there's a food truck in town that makes all natural donuts. I think I might hire them to come to the house for a joint party for L and C. This is after I swore I'd never have another party at home. I love people doing the work for me somewhere else.

I'm on a major cleaning out spree. I hate clutter and I'm on this year mission to living simply. We just don't need so much stuff. People in other countries get by with way less.

I'm logging what I eat in My Fitness Pal. Holy batman, I only get 1200 calories a day to lose some extra poundage. I went over by 900 calories yesterday. Yes, 900. Darn Rainforest Cafe food. I've done great the other days though.

Because of this, I had to only have 1 roll instead of 2 at dinner tonight. Ugh.

Any good places in Destin or Ft Walton I should know about? That's our next fun family adventure....

3 comments:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Destin: The Back Porch to eat and the gulfarium for an outing. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad your sweet family is together! I flew into Nashville from Texas (seeing my sister) on Monday. Blessings to you all! Lauren is looking so big!

Emily said...

Call me crazy, but I am getting ready to have the kids a party at our house this year. I vowed I would not do it, but I caved because I hate paying an arm and leg for other places to host a party. Thankfully ours will be small and simple! I'm having it a month before Lincoln's actual birthday too.. I do not want to be too close to my due date and I can focus on the arrival of the baby. Parties are fun, but so much work!