Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ears Pierced

Look who got their ears pierced. Sweet little girl. Lauren started noticing earrings about 6 months ago. When we took her to Chicago in February, she loved the section of the American Girl store where the dolls can get their ears pierced. We left that store empty handed but Caroline, her favorite doll, has been on her wish list for her 5th birthday. I asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday and then take Caroline to get hers done. For the longest time that's what she wanted to do. This past weekend she totally changed her mind so we totally did it.
We watched videos on YouTube of little girls getting their ears pierced. She knew what to expect to a T. She jumped right in that chair and picked out pretty pink sparkly flowers for her ears and was ready to go. She didn't even cry right when they did it but my goodness, she cried about 3 seconds after. It took everything in me not to cry. I felt like the world's worst mom. I really didn't think she'd cry. She later made me feel better though and said it didn't even hurt. It was the noise of the little machine that scared her. Her crying only lasted about 10 seconds. 
We promised her a visit to Build A Bear after the big event. She was so excited to pick out a puppy. She then proceeded to show everyone her beautiful earrings :) 
We went out to eat for a super late lunch of Mexican because that is her favorite. She can down some cheese dip. Sweet baby brother loved her new puppy too. 
I took her on a fun "girl's only" date to see The Wizard of Oz at an outdoor theater with some friends. She was so excited to wear her sparkly new earrings for a night out. 
I'm so proud of my girl. I love that she picked this out all on her own and was so excited. Every single day she tells me how much she loves her earrings. She's so good at taking care of them and making sure we clean them 3 times a day. Sweet sweet girl.  

2 comments:

Angie said...

She is so pretty! I love her new bling and her new pup is cute too!

Courtney said...

Aww she looks so proud of her new accessory. What a big day for her, Mexican makes everything better in my world!