Connor turns 1 on December 2. That just blows my mind. I can't believe my itty bitty baby will be 1. Having his gender be a surprise at birth was incredible. I love that I held out and heard the words "Its a Boy!!!" after labor. It's so awesome that I experienced it both ways. We found out Lauren was a girl which was awesome too.
I always love to celebrate birthdays. The day you are born is a big deal to me. I love to throw parties at home or at special places. One thing is for sure though, I love a big first birthday. Lauren's first birthday was held at a resort on Hilton Head Island. A ton of my family lives in either North Carolina or South Carolina so it was a great meeting point. Todd's mom and brother could easily drive in from Chattanooga so it was a great family celebration celebrating our baby girl.
I was torn on what to do this year. I knew we were going to Disney again so I didn't want to plan 2 separate birthday parties. After talking to our Pediatrician who is really like a friend to us, he suggested renting a private boat thru Disney's recreation department. I gave them a call and found out that this would be the best birthday ever.
So on November 9, we boarded a wonderful boat, took a tour of Lake Buena Vista, learned lots of interesting facts about Disney property, enjoyed snacks and birthday cake, watched fireworks, and enjoyed our time celebrating my 2 most precious gifts.
I had the boat decorated so Lauren would be surprised. She loved it! I know Connor is too little to remember but he'll have great photos and stories about his special birthday.
The guests that joined us: My mom, dad, grandma, my little family of 4, and my dear friend Lauren.
We just got home after 8 days of being in Orlando. Im slowly working on my travel section at the top of my blog. I really could travel for a living. Working for the travel channel would be a dream. This was Lauren's 4th trip to Disney and she had so much fun. Each time we go, we learn something different. I had no idea that you could rent private boats. I highly recommend it if you are going. We rented a 10 person pontoon boat that included our driver, a tour, snacks, drinks, etc. I called the bakery at the Contemporary resort and had a cake delivered so we enjoyed that when we docked for the fireworks.











2 comments:
What a wonderful trip and special way to celebrate your blessings! Hope the party was special! I love that it was so unique.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
What a wonderful birthday surprise!
Post a Comment