Friday, November 23, 2012

Disney Day 1, November 10

Saturday, November 10 was our first park day at Disney. We migrated over to Magic Kingdom and had a blast. My mom and grandma were visiting that weekend. My dad also drove in from Hilton Head Island, where he is working, to enjoy 1 day at the park with the kids. Todd and I were running in the half marathon that evening so we needed the child care for Lauren and Connor. They all love Disneyworld so it worked out so well. More on the half marathon later. I basically thought I was dying. Dramatic? No really, it was awful. I have a torn meniscus and ended up in the ER. It's a nice little gem of a story.

The kids sure do love a parade. I actually think Lauren likes parades better than anything else. Getting autographs from her favorite people come in a close second.
Little L has always watched parades from her Daddy's shoulders. There's no better seat in the house.
Mema has not been to Disney in 30ish years. It was about time she made a visit back to the happiest place on earth.
Lauren has been a fan of the cars forever. She often yells at the other drivers, likes to drive a little silly, and rides over and over again. She prefers to yell "Get out of the way chicken butt!!!!" She's such a hoot.
My dad has been taking me on these cars since I was little so it's fun to see him with Lauren. I have a picture of he and I driving them when I was Lauren's age. Love it and so thankful we traveled growing up. In fact, I think in the picture below Lauren is telling people to move "chicken butt."
The new Fantasyland was opening up in phases. We got to see so much of the new section and it was wonderful. There is an awesome circus area with 2 Dumbo rides. Dumbo, personally, is not my favorite. The line is always so long but at least there are 2 rides now. Lauren loves it so we roll with it. She had an epic meltdown on the ride with my mom though. Apparently, she was quite ticked that she could not ride on the outside. For safety reasons, all little kids have to ride on the inside. Lauren was not thrilled. Apparently she wasn't over her issues when we took this picture.....
Connor is just my chill kid. He just hangs out and takes it all in. He lets his sissy do all the yapping :)
So the half marathon. Oh my gosh. It was A.W.F.U.L. 13.1 miles is far. Really far. Todd killed it. He did fantastic. I, on the other hand, thought I was going to meet my grave at the finish line. So one thing is clear, Im not a runner. I prefer to shake what my momma gave me at Zumba. Spin and Zumba are much more me. I enjoy listening to the music and dancing to "If you're sexy and you know it......." It's so much more fun. Running? I feel like Im dying. I didn't really train. Mistake I know. I got up to like 7 miles in my "training." I walked/ran a half back in 07 so I thought for sure I could do it again.

I felt really good until mile 7ish. My left knee and leg starting hurting so insanely bad. I felt blisters forming on my feet, big ones. My skin was rubbing together. Seriously, it was. All of you lucky girls that don't have that issue, whatev. It was brutal. I kept reaching for mile 10. I was walking at this point, slow. I didn't care at all. I just wanted to finish. Walking 13.1 miles is insanely hard too. At mile 10, I contemplated stopping a golf cart to take me to the finish. I didnt. I just kept pushing. I swear mile 13 never came.  And what is with the .1? That is far. 

I finished. Thank the Lord Jesus. It took me forever. 18 minute/mile. I hobbled the last 8 miles. Literally. I then decided to push myself and walk miles at parks the next 4 days. I finally couldn't walk period and ended up with my butt in the ER. I don't even have a general doctor so that was foreign territory to me. I have a torn meniscus. Sweet. My knee hurts so bad that's crazy. Im not sure Ive ever felt pain like it, other than child birth. It ranks up there. Going up my stairs, while carrying a baby, has been a challenge. Ive had to stop, catch my breath, and just keep pushing. I am following up with an orthopedic to discuss either surgery or physical therapy. Who would have thought? No more running for me. Im back to shaking it at Zumba.....
And yes, there was a huge after party for the Wine and Dine Festival until 3am. We bolted to bed. No party for me. 






1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my word, you poor thing!!! We need a catch up phone date!!!!!!!