Sunday, September 2, 2012

Date to the Dentist

My sweet little girl and I had a fun little date outing this past Friday. We both had dentist appointments. What fun, huh? Actually, I'm one of those weird people that love the dentist. I have really great dental hygiene. I might have missed my calling in being a dentist. I love having clean teeth. I actually love that feeling where they scrape behind your teeth to get all of the nasty tarter off. Too much info? Nah. :) 

This was Lauren's first real dental experience. She went when she was 1 to make sure her teeth were coming in properly. Biggest waste of money ever. They literally peeked in her mouth and said she was good to go. $80 dollars later....ugh. This time, she actually had her teeth cleaned.

Little L informed me before her appointment to make sure I told the hygienist that she does not "like that loud thing. Ya know, that loud thing that cleans your teeth." Her instructions were told and so "that loud thing" did not clean her teeth. Sweet Michelle, our hygienist, just brushed her teeth with a regular ole' tooth brush.

Playing on Mommy's phone to distract her from that "loud thing" even being near her.
 Sweet little love getting her teeth all clean.
 Seriously ya'll, she was a champ at getting X-rays. Girlfriend did better than her momma. There is a little groove on that mouth thing where your teeth have to sit. Lauren got it quickly. Her momma? It took me a few seconds to understand my instructions. 
 She had no fear of going to the dentist. At all. She was so pumped to get a goody bag, stickers, and pick something from the treasure chest. She went with Todd to get his teeth cleaned a couple of weeks ago. I wanted her to go with him so she could see how everything worked. Sweet girl.
 Post dentist appointment date to Moes. She got her favorite, queso dip. That tiny little thing practically drank that cheese dip from the cup. She gave me strict orders to go order her another one to go for dinner. Bossy much? She's so cute. She definitely has her favorite foods down pat.
I'm so glad my sweet Lauren had a great trip to the dentist and got to go on a lunch date with me. She's so fun! We sure do love our dentist office here. They are a young husband/wife team in their early 30s. They just had a baby girl 11 months ago and are so fun. 

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What a cutie pie!!

Courtney said...

I just found out this summer that having the right dentist makes all the difference. After 30 years of the wrong one, I am so happy to have found the right one. So happy Lauren had a great visit and is loving the dentist so far, minus the loud noises.

Lauren said...

I love that girl!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

HAHA!! She cracks me up!