Lauren had such a fun day at her Mother's Day Out (aka school) on Thursday. Every year, they have a Harvest Day. A petting zoo comes so all of the kids can learn about the animals and they play fun games in the gym. The petting zoo is the same zoo that we hire to come to the house every year. We just love them. It was such a beautiful morning that I wanted to take Lauren outside to snap some pictures in her cute pumpkin dress.
She was NOT having the picture love this morning. It was one of those mornings that you just want to get out the door in one piece. Connor has been battling an ear infection for over 2 weeks. He was screaming his head off. Lauren was so mad at every little thing. She fell going outside, she was mad her shoes were coming off, etc. I asked her 800 times to please just smile for me. I threatened to take away her treat in her lunch box. Oh yes I did. I had to think of something for my drama queen.
I finally got her to laugh. If I say "Lauren, don't you dare laugh", she normally will.
I got some silly faces in the midst of trying to get 1 good one.
On to her favorite part, the petting zoo. We love the sweet family that owns this zoo. They are so wonderful to educate the kids about the animals. Lauren loves it. Her favorite animal has always been the chicken. She's so crazy. I will not hold that thing. You can not pay me money to. Im scared that thing will balk at me and start flapping it's feathers.
Since this is my scrapbook to print for the kids, I have to tell this crazy story. Lauren is a little crazy about the chickens. As in, don't mess with the chicken if she's holding it. She wants all of those chickens to herself. There are about 10 kids in her class and there were around 4 chickens. All of those kids loved the chickens. Look at Lauren giving the evil eye to that little girl. She was afraid she was going to take the chicken from her.
And here is goes. This is when is all goes downhill. Lauren was told to share the chickens. Oh sweet Lauren. She was not feeling the sharing love.
Giving that chicken one last love.
Yup, this is how the event ended. Her sweet friend holding out her arms for her turn. Lauren mad as a hornet. And cue the tears. Tears all the way back to the school building. All over some chickens.
See? Lauren has always loved chickens. From left to right: Lauren at Harvest Day 2012, 3rd birthday party 2011, 2nd birthday party 2010. I guess we need to hire the zoo again.
My little animal loving girl. You are the best!












2 comments:
Lauren and I would be great friends, because I would NEVER try to take that chicken away from her. I have no desire to ever hold a chicken. Love her adorable dress.
This post totally cracks me up! It's funny to watch her smile slowly dwindle into a frown. That girl is silly, but she is so incredibly cute! ;)
Post a Comment