Connor came home from the hospital on December 4th. We attempted our own little Christmas photo shoot for our Christmas cards this year. These were just a few that we took. I was rushed this year on getting pictures taken quickly, cards ordered, and mailed out before Dec. 25th. I thought some of the photos turned out cute considering I was half asleep taking them. We're still quite sleep deprived in this house.
My sweet little girl. I love her little blonde curls. This is what her hair looks like if I don't blow dry it. Just beautiful.
Her "strike a pose" pose. She cracks me up with the hand on the hip. I hardly ever pose that way. For some reason it drives me nuts when I look at photos of people and their hands are always on the hips. Somehow Lauren knows to do that.
She was so over the photo shoot at this point. She wanted me to take a picture of her on her daddy's lap. Of course I did and her sweet expression shows her true personality. She loves her daddy and always wants in his lap when he's home from trips.
Loving on her tiny brother. Connor pretty much screamed the entire night (he still screams A LOT). She likes to try and make him happy so she was kissing on him. Or perhaps, I begged her to kiss him for a picture. I think that was the case. (She really does love him. She just needed some encouragement).
Lauren had her Christmas program at the church program she goes to. I didn't attend because Connor was only a week old. Todd went and snapped some photos and video of my girl. He said she did not participate in singing on stage but at least she didn't run away. Last year, she wouldn't even stand with her class. We're making progress....
She loves her teachers Mrs. Angie and Mrs. Stephanie. Mid song, she just wanted Mrs. Angie. That's my sweet sweet girl.
After we got home from the hospital, Amanda brought us a yummy dinner. We gobbled up that chicken pot pie like we've never eaten before. Yum! She and her mom also brought Connor the cutest clothes I've ever seen. Gymboree had a line out with airplanes on them. I'll have to snap a picture of Connor in his new duds.
My sweet friend Brittney also brought us dinner. I have some sweet friends here in Chattanooga.
My dad came up when Todd went back to work. Lauren is slightly obsessed with her Papa so it was nice for her to have some entertainment. They made gingerbread cake together.
My grandparents drove all the way from South Carolina to visit for a few hours. They enjoyed loving on the great grandbabies and eating lunch with us. We were sad the visit was short but hopefully we'll see them soon.
Poor Connor is stuck with a few girl items. When Lauren was born, we mostly went gender neutral on big items in case baby #2 would be a boy. A boy it is but he is using a few of Lauren's pink items. This bouncy seat is my lifesaver. It's the only way I can shower. He sits outside the door. I just cross my fingers that he won't yell for about 5 minutes. Momma needs to be clean.
Someone is smitten with their Papa and baby brother.
My handsome little dude. I'm in love.
So things are going well. Connor turned 1 month old yesterday. He's a sweet little guy, fussy but sweet. If he isn't being held, fed, or asleep, then he's fussy. We head to the doctor on Friday for well visits for Lauren & Connor so I'm going to bring up the crying then. Mommy instinct is that it's gas. My little guy sure can toot with the best of them :) He's happy in his mommy's arms so we cuddle a lot. Thankfully, Lauren is a fantastic big sister. She really does help me. When I need diapers, she gets them. If she needs new pajamas or big girl panties, she goes upstairs and gets them herself. She, of course, has had a few moments of jealousy but they are very very rare. I can count maybe 2 times that she's been jealous since we've been home. She gets very very excited if Connor looks at her or if she can hold him. She's always been very motherly and loves on her baby dolls so that helps I'm sure.
I'm doing much better this go round. After Lauren was born, I was in a fog. I don't have family here, I had ZERO friends at that point here, etc. It was a strange time. I worked in Pharmaceutical Sales before this so I didn't have co-workers really. Who calls up doctors or nurses to hang out? Weird. When I met friends here, everything was sooooo much better. It's great that I have lots of people to talk to here now. It's made having sweet baby #2 easier. We look forward to play dates and Lauren reminds me that she's a big sister now "just like Georgia." (her friend from school)





6 comments:
I love Lauren's curls, Connor in his bouncy seat and the fact that you have good friends in GA! G lad you had a good Christmas, too!
So happy for your sweet family! Hope you all had a blessed Christmas. I have thought of you passing through TN recently in our travels. We are in the process of making KY home. So I am not posting a lot. We took our blog private. I have you on our list, but if you have any problems here's our email christianandgingerneff@yahoo.com
Wishing you a blessed New Year!
So glad to hear that everything is going well....Connor is just so sweet & cuddly looking. Reading this definitely brought me back to when Cannon was first born....he was a screamer too..def don't miss that part! Oh and we had to re-use plenty of pink stuff too - we didn't plan ahead too well - ha! Love all the pics :)
Beautiful pictures!!! Your little guy is just precious, congratulations!!
Lilly does the "sassy pose" too. Connor is a doll. Lilly HAD to be held. She was the happiest baby ever as long as she was being held...other than that she was not happy. Oh, and Reid rocked a pink bouncy seat and bumbo and he is just fine! Ha!! Hope you are getting some rest. (:
He is adorable! What a great birth story, too. I thought the transition from 1-2 was tough...sounds like you are doing great!
Post a Comment