Todd and I snuck away for a couple of days to enjoy the big city of NYC! We stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton and enjoyed our 1 on 1 time. I missed Lauren like crazy. This was a mini trial run for us being gone on our big trip to Hawaii in September. We might have to take her to Florida to the beach instead. I can't stand being away from my little sidekick.
Our first day there, we just walked around our hotel. We stayed right around the corner from Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, and only a couple of blocks from Time Square. We were truly in the perfect location.
Baby boy or girl enjoyed posing outside of Radio City Music Hall....
We ventured over to the infamous Serendipity for dinner. Todd lived in Queens but never did do the big touristy stuff in the city. I had to introduce him to the lovely frozen hot chocolate. He was quite pleased.
See...he liked it! We actually only had to wait 45 minutes for our table. That was a big improvement from the 3 hour wait I've had in the past.
The Sheraton was nice that night and delivered us a fresh fruit tray and big bottled water. It pays to use Starwood points sometimes.
Our second day, we decided to buy tickets for the big double decker bus. Todd had done this before but I never have. This was the true way to see New York. We were on the bus for 10 hours total so it made for a long day but it was so worth it. We got off in Chinatown so I could buy a fake purse and eat in Little Italy. We then got off at the World Trade Center stop. That was my favorite. We walked into the church where all of the volunteers from that terrible day would sleep and take breaks between their time finding survivors, etc. Tower 1 is actually being rebuilt and will be called Freedom Tower. That was neat being able to see that.
We passed Jill Zarin's store. She is from that crazy show The Real Housewives. She's a little cooky but I had to take a picture of her store.
I have fond memories of visiting the city a ton throughout the years. I can't wait to take Lauren to the American Girl store. We felt she was too little to go on this trip but in a couple of years, we'll take her for a nice shopping spree.
We purchased the tickets that included the nighttime tour to Brooklyn. This was one of my favorite parts of the tour. We had never been over the river to Brooklyn before. The tour was 2 hours long and you couldn't hop on and off. It was very residential and pretty. If we ever have to live in the city, we'd for sure choose there.
The pretty Brooklyn bridge.
Goodbye New York. See you soon!
We did see the fireworks on the 4th there. It's not worth mentioning. It was pretty but jam packed. It was nothing like the fireworks we saw there in 2007 (when I went with my family). But we can mark it off our "to do list."




5 comments:
How fun!!!!!!!! Sooooooo jealous!!!!!! :)
I love NY! :) What a fun trip!!!
That chocolate thing looks like no goodness I have EVER seen before and I want it now! You look so cute pregnant-just wish I was there to see you in person. How did Lauren handle the separation?
Fun! The best part about the wait is Dylan's Candy is next door :)
Okay I am totally showing that I am a reality tv junkie when I say that I got really excited when you said you saw Zarin Fabrics!!! It looks like a wonderful trip. I dream of the day I can take Madison to the American Girl store (guess I had better start saving my pennies now).
Post a Comment