I just got home from taking my little buddy travel to Charleston, South Carolina. My sister flew in town from Dallas and drove with me. Lindsay and Lauren enjoyed riding in my new van, watching movies in the back. We arrived in Anderson, SC first to spend the night with my other grandparents. All of those pictures are on my phone so I'll need to email those to myself and then post in a couple of days.
While in Charleston, we ventured to the beach for a couple of hours each day. My dad's parents have lived in the same house for over 50 years so we grew up going to the beach a ton. It's about a 20-30 minute drive from their house so they're very close.
Papa is about to turn 81 and he still loves the water and floating on his back to let the waves knock him down. Lauren sat in these chairs or in his lap the majority of the time. She loved to play with the wet sand and pour it all over her little legs.
The girls! We loved having our chairs right there in the water. It was in the mid 90s with a heat index over 100 but you would have never known. The wind and water were perfect.
Lauren loves her auntie!
She was unsure about jumping the waves with me at first but I convinced her it was really fun!
My sweet travel buddy. We missed her daddy on this trip but he was busy flying people around the US.
Dancing and jumping waves. I think there needs to be an American hub near the ocean....right Todd??
Next up on our summer agenda: Trip to Germany by myself for a couple days to see my friend, Jill. She is the other Lauren's mommy. We miss them like crazy!!

5 comments:
You are just globe-trotting this summer! So fun!! You look adorable! Lauren is such a doll. We go to the beach in a couple of weeks and I have trouble thinking about anything else. Ha! Lilly goes around saying "We go to beach August 13th"--ha! Glad to be reading again--I had missed y'all!
Fun times!! You look great!
New van?! Whoo hoo! Hope you are loving it! Great ocean photos...how fun to have a sister to spend time with.
Cute beach pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time at the beach. Have fun on your next trip
Let me know how Germany goes with Lauren and the time change and everything!!! I start school for dispatch on Monday and Japan is first on our agenda!
Post a Comment