Monday, March 9, 2009

ALOHA BABY!!!!

Okay so we all know I can be frugal when it comes to money....yes, I own many Coach items but they have never been paid for in full price. Thanks to a family friend, they have always been 50% off.

A Louis Vuitton purse was purchased full price BUT thats the only big item I've bought & that's simply because I will use that purse for 20 years so indeed it was a good investment. If I bought 1 cheap purse over 20 years, the price would be equal people :)

I happily cut my store coupons every Sunday, I search google.com for coupon codes when shopping online, & have bought Lauren's awesome monogrammed things on ebay or etsy for way way way cheap. No one said you have to look bad paying cheap prices!

Well folks....the time has come where I have a bug to travel somewhere again. I do realize I've traveled quit a lot in my short almost 25 years of life, more than most folks, but I always do so on a budget. I decided today was the day to give a lesson on how you can stay in Maui at the Westin, that is $420 a night, for FREE....yes folks, FREE

Todd & I opened the Starwood American Express Card a little over a year ago & use it like a debit card & have accumulated an insane amount of points. The Westin is a Category 5 hotel requiring 12,000 points for a free night. Well Starwood is wonderful & gives the 5th night free so we have booked 5 FREE nights for July 8-13. Granted some people dont want to open credit cards but we are super super super cautious with credit, never spending what we can't afford, so the balance is always paid in full, therefore, we have tons of points.

I thought Id give my tip - - - - you can stay in HAWAII free too....and no, I'm not advertising for American Express.....just showing my favorite folks how to be frugal and smart when going on vaca....I could vacation like it's my job so I like to find the cheap ways to do it!
So Aloha here we come!

The Lobby with a Waterfall!!!

Aerial view of the many pools on property

Slide at one of the pools

Guestroom with an ocean view





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friends at Starwood would love your post. Free Marketing!

Anonymous said...

Haha!!! I love that second pic of Lauren. SHE IS SOOOO TINY!!!! That play thingy swallows her whole!