On our last day at the parks we decided to go back to Epcot. We seriously love it there. We also had tickets for the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom that evening. With the Christmas party tickets, you get into Magic Kingdom at 4pm. So we went to Epcot in the morning/afternoon and headed over to Magic Kingdom around 5pm.
This picture of Todd and Lauren cracks me up. She wanted to pose in front of the big ball or whatever you call it. She had to arch her back and so Todd had to as well so he wouldn't drop her.
We continued on with getting autographs from her favorite people.
In so many of these pictures, you can see Lauren's awesome eye makeup. The makeup kit that she got at the Boutique was a huge hit all week long. She did her makeup like she was straight from the 80s. It was so funny but it kept a fit from happening so I just rolled with it.
You can't visit Disneyworld without getting a Mickey ice cream bar. We only bought one on this trip. I'm surprised :) Those things are good! Lauren, Connor, and I enjoyed ice cream while Todd was riding the NASA ride. There wasn't really a line so we told him to ride over and over again. I can't handle that ride. That's the one where I banged on the door to try to get off of. They don't let you off. It's awful.
Actually, this is what Connor did while we enjoyed ice cream. Poor buddy missed out.
We went to visit some countries next. We love to sample food from our favorite places. We made a little stop in Germany for my dear friend Jill that moved there a year and a half ago. We bought a delicious German pretzel and some German beer. The pretzel was good that we decided to split a brat. Man that was good. German food is excellent. Some of the best food Ive ever had was when I visited Jill last August there. It's all so fresh and delicious.
We went to China and enjoyed some egg roll type things. We then went to France and had the best pastries with coffee. Everything is so yummy. We ended up in England where Lauren played in the phone booths for sweet forever. She thought they were the coolest things.
Goodbye Epcot :( See you soon we hope!
Next up: The fun Christmas party!
We also enjoy the special parties at Magic Kingdom. Even though it's an extra expense with having to have additional tickets, it's well worth it. Only a limited number of tickets are sold each evening so the park is not crowded. We enjoyed riding great rides with no lines, wonderful parades and shows, free hot chocolate and cookies, and the beautiful snow on Main Street. It's truly magical.
I would say Connor is a fan too :) He's the best baby in the world. He never fusses unless he's tired or hungry and he falls asleep so easily.
We got to enjoy a sneak peek of the new Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom that night. They have a new Little Mermaid ride. I was so so thrilled for this. In fact, I think it's my favorite ride now. It's so cute. You ride in a buggy like the Nemo ride at Epcot and it takes you thru all the scenes of the movie. It's so cute.
Lauren always has the best seat in the house for the parades.
Connor enjoys hanging out in the stroller. By the way, we rented this double stroller. After our stroller was stolen in May 2010, I will never take ours again. It was wonderful renting one. It was sooooo much cheaper than the horrible plastic park ones. They drop it off at the hotel prior to us checking in so it's waiting for us. You then just leave it at the desk as you leave. Easy easy. We went thru Baby Wheels Orlando. They had the best rate. A lot of people use Orlando stroller company or something like that. When I checked the rates between the two, Baby Wheels came with more free items like a rain cover, cooler, etc.
The tea cups did not have a line because of the limited number of people in the park. Lauren actually fell asleep during the party but we woke her up to enjoy more rides :) She is sitting next to me in this picture. You just can't see her. She was half awake.
Todd loves the tea cups too. Love it!
We ended the night with a good dance party. Watch out for Todd. He'll jump on a dance floor in .2 seconds!
I already miss Disney. There's something magical about seeing your kids light up with delight. Im sure some people wonder why we keep going back. Our kids are only little once. There will come a time where Lauren doesn't care about Cinderella or Connor won't care about Mickey. It's so fun to enjoy this time in their lives and soak it up. Im already looking forward to our next trip. It's so much fun!
Just so I have it written down so I don't forget, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort, Lake Buena Vista this time. Our favorite is still Buena Vista Suites, however, the Holiday Inn allows pets so it worked great having our dog with us this time. If you're going, they had a promotion where every 3rd night was free so it was a fantastic deal.





4 comments:
Come back again SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
How fun!! What a wonderful trip. I love the family pic. by the toy soldiers. So cute! Merry Christmas!!
That looks like such a great trip!! I am so sorry about your knee--but way to go for the half marathon! Happy Birthday to your sweeties and I loved all the pictures. (:
We just got back...our trip sounds alot like yours. We did the Christmas party, too...and we LOVED story time with Belle. That was the best in my opinion!!
Post a Comment