Oh I love love love Epcot. I love Magic Kingdom too but there's just something special about Epcot. I think it's because I love to travel so much. I love how you can walk country to country and everyone working in that county is from there. The food is authentic and it's just wonderful. We discovered a wonderful program for kids while on this trip. This was Lauren's 4th visit to the parks and we just figured this out, go figure! You can buy cute little passports in the stores in each country. After getting the passport, you put stickers on the pages for each country, and then you walk around and get stamps at each country you visit. It's so so special and neat. The sweet people working in the countries would often write Lauren's name in their native language, so cool!
We started off by meeting some characters at the front of the park. Lauren was excited to get more autographs!
I made reservations for us to have lunch in Norway with the Princesses. I seriously loved this!!! This is the first time that we've done 2 character meals on a trip. We've only done 1 other one, the breakfast at Cape May. We don't ever do the dining plan because 99% of the time, we stay off property and it just works out better for us. I knew that you had to make reservations for a Princess meal way early. I debated between the one at Cinderella's castle and this one. Todd and I both like food from different countries so we went with the Norweigan yummy food. Delicious!
The meal was so so delicious and the setting was so neat. We had lunch inside a castle. When you enter, a Princess is there to greet you. We had our picture taken with Belle and then was escorted to our table. The picture came with the meal so we didn't have to pay extra for that. There was a cold food bar that was an all you can eat type thing. It was so yummy. Wonderful pasta salad, smoked salmon with capers, bread, etc. After getting that, we picked our main meal from the menu. My favorite dish in case you are going was the mushroom ravioli paired up with the chicken from the kids menu. They put the chicken on top of the ravioli and it was so delicious. Our waiter gave us that tip because you don't get charged extra for basically ordering 2 entrees. It was soooo good. They had a traditional kids menu so Lauren chowed down on a hot dog and Connor had cheese ravioli.
The Princesses. First up, Mary Poppins. I love Lauren's face in these pictures. She was so shy to smile really big. Her hair was a hot mess because she demanded on putting on her crown and leaving her hair that way. Her princess shoes broke when we got there. Awesome. :)
Snow White. Snow White was wonderful at talking the part. Those Princesses are fantastic actresses. I don't know how they keep a straight face while talking.
Sweet Cinderella. Always a favorite.
Cinderella was extra sweet. Lauren was being super shy and she got down to her level and just loved on her.
Always a favorite, Ariel. Ariel was hilarious. She talked and talked about Prince Eric and all of her sea friends. Lauren loved it.
This is what Connor thought about all of this Princess mess. He was just there for the free food.
My sweet duo. They have a parade after lunch where all of the Princesses and Princes march around the castle. Lauren thought it was the coolest thing. She was so confused at first and didn't want to participate. That is so not like her so Mary Poppins took her hand and let her around. It was so sweet.
We kept on celebrating their birthdays. There's no better way to celebrate that getting free cupcakes at your meals. The kids loved it. Lauren thought it was so cool that they put gummy bears on her plate.
Connor's first bite of cake. It's safe to say that he loved it and will have an awesome time smashing his first birthday cake.
My own little Princess.



3 comments:
It looks like such a fun day. I think it is wonderful that the princesses walk around and you get individual time with them.
HOW FUN!!!!!!! This is just so so precioous!!!! :)
Love reading all your Disney stories! How fun!! P.s. Epcot is my favorite, too :)
Post a Comment