Saturday, July 7, 2012

Everyday Life

Every few months, I like to update on what our daily schedule looks like. I know it will be so fun to look back and see what we were up to during this stage of life. This little schedule is what we do when Todd is NOT home. When he is home, we stay super busy and play play play.

Both of the kiddos go to bed no later than 8pm. Connor goes upstairs first around 7pm and Lauren around 7:30-8:00pm.

They sleep like champs and sleep 12-13 hours at night usually. Connor has to be the easiest kid ever. You just lay him down, say night night, and he rolls over to his tummy to sleep. 

8 - 8:30am - Lauren will come downstairs to my side of the bed and ask for more "nilk."

9:00am - Lauren and I go and get Connor ***Yes, we sleep in here. All 4 of us are not morning people at all***

9:15am - Connor has his morning bottle. Lauren eats breakfast if she wants to eat. She is not a morning eater.

10:00am - Connor has a fruit for breakfast after his milk.

10:30 or 11am - Connor is already ready for a morning nap. He goes down for 2-3 hours. Again, he's soooo easy.

12pm - After Lauren and I have played dress up, puzzles, outside, etc. She eats lunch with me. We play play play after lunch until Connor wakes up.

1:00pm - Connor wakes up sometime around this hour. He doesn't ever cry. I just usually hear him talking to himself and grabbing his bumper in his crib. He loves to grab it and peek through the spaces on the crib.

1:15pm - Connor has a bottle and vegetable for lunch.
Play Play Play

3:00pm - Connor goes night night again for 2 hours

3:00 - 5:00pm - Lauren and I have fun. 

5:00pm - Connor is awake.

6:00pm - We eat dinner together at the table. Connor has a vegetable. Lauren and I eat whatever I cook.

6:30pm - Both kiddos take a bath together

7:00pm - Connor gets ready for his bedtime bottle. We go upstairs and rock. He's out by about 7:30.

7:30pm - Lauren gets her jammies on. We lay in her bed to read 2-3 books a night, sing songs, and she goes to bed.

***This totally changes if we are out running errands. We are 30 minutes from town so if we run errands, we're out all day. When Todd is home, we usually are always out doing stuff together so the schedule is completely off. Im also not a stickler for a schedule. This fell into place naturally. I would give myself a headache if I was Type A. Im really the opposite. I would drive myself batty if I thought it was a big deal if the kids went to bed 30 minutes to an hour late.***

They love to take a bath together. I bought this little sling for Connor so he doesn't slip or fall as he tries to sit up by himself. It works so great. Lauren is awesome and helps him if he starts to slip too far down it. She can lift him and put him where he belongs. She also washes him for me but says "I know not to do his face and hair. You do that Mommy." :)
 Snack time together. Lauren likes to have watermelon and Connor loves baby Mum Mums.
 Dress up! This happens about 50 times a day. :) Lauren got a big package from my mom filled with goodies from The Disney Store. They were having a big sale so she stocked up on swim gear for next year. Lauren had to try them all on of course.




 Lauren gets so tickled if Connor plays in her room after his morning nap. We usually play in her room for 1-2 hours a day. She loves it. It's so sweet because she gets out all of her toys and shows Connor what they are. 

So that's what we are up to at our casa during this stage of life. It sure is fun playing with these 2 loves every single day.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a good routine. Mr. Conner sounds like such an easy going guy.

Amy said...

as soon as i read that they sleep 12-13 hrs a night, i started to hate you just a little :)

love lauren's fashion show - she's so cute!!

Kristen and Andy said...

Ok...I am TOTALLY jealous how easy going Connor sounds.....Cannon has been high maintenance since Day 1...actually he was high maintenance when I was pregnant with him too - ha! He definitely keeps me on my toes! That is so awesome for you and sounds like you have lots of quality girl time with your princess too - perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love all the stufff your Mom sent her. Grandparents are such a blessing!!