Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last day of MDO & Mother's Day

I am so behind on posting. My google account ran out of storage space for pictures I had to purchase more space so now I can get all caught up. 

First up: Lauren, aka my little model. She is so into "strike a pose mama" and can take pictures all day long. Im so thankful because she's pretty easy to take pictures of. I can tell her laugh, pose, smile, or anything and she normally does it. Her Aunt Lindsay got her this fun outfit for being in her wedding and it's a favorite around here. She dresses up 5-6 times a day and this one is usually in the rotation.
 Lauren had her last day of Mother's Day Out at church. They had the cutest little end of year program in the sanctuary. One thing I've learned with Lauren is that she will not perform for me but she lights up on a stage. She sang, front and center, and did all of the hand motions. I was so proud of her. I'm pretty sure I even got a little teary eyed.
 Todd flies so much that the poor guy was so tired one afternoon. He and Bellie Girl took a little siesta on the couch.
 Lauren's best little friend, Meredith, turned 4 in May. She had a fun princess party at the park. They had pizza, fruit, and cupcakes and it was the perfect party. Everyone ate and then played and played on a nice playground. 
 Mother's Day came and went. We went out to lunch at Boathouse (cute seafood restaurant on the river) and then had everyone over for cake and coffee. Lauren was playing dress up once again, this time as a fairy. 
 We got everyone picture frames with a new family picture of us, books, and then my mom a scarf. 
 This is the best story of the weekend. Check out the awesome cake :) Let me just tell you the story. I have a fantastic friend here who makes delicious cakes. I usually always order from her but forgot to this time. I knew she was busy so I placed an order with Robin's Creative Cakes here in town. Robin brings her cakes to the Chattanooga Market and they are beyond delicious. They are really some of the best cakes I've ever had. I placed the order by email with her. I never knew the price until one of the last emails we exchanged. She charges $48. I think that's crazy. I didn't want to back out after I told her Id order so I went with it. 

I go to pick it up and she forgot about my order. Mind you, I live 30 minutes from town AND I took Connor with me so I couldn't just hang out forever for her to make me a cake. She said she had a lemon cake already baked but it just needed to be iced. So she put it together in about 20 minutes.

I get home and look what it looked like. Sheesh lady. I called her and asked for a partial refund because I couldn't really even take it out of the box to display. She said that was totally fine.

To top off the story, she forgot to refund me. After a "nice" little email from me, she refunded the full amount.

I think I was just in shock. Im not sure I've met someone so terrible with business skills. She's a very forgetful lady and clearly needs a calendar to keep up with her orders. She should hire me to keep her organized :) Despite the look, it was so good. Her cakes are unbelievable. I just find it funny that I was forgotten about 2 times.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Catie said...

Did you get a refund? That happened to us for my daughters
8th birthday :( LOVE the dress up clothes & posing - one of the best things about having girls :)

Emily said...

Wow, I couldnt imagine paying that much for a cake either... then she forgot you... crazy! Glad yiu got a free cake out of the deal.