Monday, June 25, 2012

A Couple Little Getaways

Todd and I have had the chance for a couple of fun little getaways and date nights. Our date nights are for sure not traditional. We never go out at home. I just usually tag along and fly with him wherever he goes. 

Our first little stop was to Chicago. His employer had a big event where we had White Sox tickets and lunch at the stadium. It was fun to meet some of the people Todd sees at O'Hare and to meet some other families. A lot of them had their kids with them but they all live in Chicago. Because of Todd's commute to work, we opted not to take the kiddos with us. As much as he and I fly, Lauren has still only flown 2 times. It's just a lot of work taking the babies with us :)

 I CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING at this photo!!!!! This man has been with the airlines for sweet forever. I guess he was hot so what better way to cool off than to unbutton your shirt and act like it's normal? 


 I love love love Guiliana and Bill Rancic. Their show is so adorable and they seem so normal. We found their new restaurant as we were walking around the city. We didn't end up eating there as we were in baseball casual clothes and it looked super nice. Hopefully we can eat there next time.


 Next little stop was Ottawa Canada. I just got home from there yesterday afternoon. I've always loved Ottawa and Todd fortunately gets to overnight there sometimes. It was a perfect little 1 night escape for a great night in another country. I flew out on the early bird Chattanooga to Chicago flight on Saturday morning. Todd met me at my gate and then he flew the plane to Ottawa. We got to Ottawa around noon and had the whole day there. It was wonderful. There's an incredible trail that borders the canal in the city. We ran/walked for about an hour before going out with his First Officer and Flight Attendant. 
 Rib Fest and a big music festival was going on downtown on Saturday. We walked over to Rib Fest where a ton of stands were set up to buy all sorts of bbq. It was so good!! We found a little table at a cafe to eat at with the rest of his crew. It worked out so great that they were both super nice so we had a great afternoon together.

After we finished eating, we walked all throughout the market and then to a bakery. I don't think I've ever met a bakery that I don't like. 
 Their Parliament building was behind us. Ottawa is such a beautiful city with it being the capital.
 Todd had to fly the early flight Sunday morning back to Chicago so we were up at 4:30am. I was home sweet home to my babies within 28 hours of leaving. I was greeted by this sweet little girl who was excited about her Canada cookie. Connor just smiled and smiled at me when I came home. Im glad both babies missed their mama!

Im so so thankful I can go fun places with Todd. Date nights in random cities are so much fun!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Courtney said...

What great date nights. I love Giliana and Bill to.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

That is so fun! Those dates are a great way to keep a marriage fresh for sure!! (:

Emily said...

You are just too too cute! So jealous of your travels... I get to go no where, lol! Well, maybe to Target and back.... but thats it! I love your clothing style, the orange and white dress is adorable on you!

Shelley said...

How fun! I wish we traveled more!

Anonymous said...

What a fun get away! I love your sunglasses by the way. So glad the two of you could get away!