Saturday, March 17, 2012

Highlights Of The Past 2 Weeks

I'm slightly exhausted thinking of all of our fun activities over the past 2 weeks. I thought having Connor would slow us down but I still like to go go go. If I could travel and get paid, I'd be set :) Someone hire me to do that pleaaaase.

Let's see....I've cuddled my little guy a ton. Knowing that he's 99.9% sure going to be our last baby, I really don't like putting him down. 
 My awesome 3 year old has been "striking a pose" for many pictures. Her Aunt Lindsay gave her that super cute outfit for being a flower girl in her wedding. It's one of our favorites for sure. I wish I could be cute wearing clothes like that.
 We drove, yes drove, to Fort Worth for my sister's wedding. We stayed at the Ft Worth Club and loved every second. I felt like we had our own little apartment for a few days. 
 My Papa who is over 80 loved spending time with the kids in Texas. Connor talked and smiled to him for quite a while.

 Lauren, Charlotte, and Rebecca were too cool with their hand gestures at the Bridesmaid luncheon. This was at City Club in Fort Worth. The luncheon was wonderful and hosted by my sister's wonderful friends, Emily and her mother Rebecca.

 Sister with the beautiful hostesses.
 Let's see.....Connor and Todd took a little snooze in the bed one morning as I got ready to get my hair done for the wedding. Lauren was also in the bed. We're one big happy family, I tell ya.
 The beautiful flower girl got "princess hair" for the wedding. Sadly, the bad weather flattened that princess hair like a pancake. It was promptly put in a bun before the ceremony. Those curls sure were pretty while they lasted.
 First Dance....
 You just have got to know that Lauren tore it up on the dance floor for 3 hours straight. My child has moves :) I was so proud. She immediately found the floor and never stopped dancing. She could care less if anyone was dancing with her. She dominated it solo. It was great.

 In her own little world twirling. No one else was on the floor, just my dancing queen.
 Moving on after the wedding.....we headed to Fort Worth to the stockyards on Sunday. We waited to see the longhorns go down the street. What's that called?!?! It's all of 15 seconds.
 Lauren waited anxiously to see the "horsies" aka longhorns.
 No trip to Ft Worth is complete without a visit to Billy Bobs. Yes, I took a baby in a bar. It was great though. Lauren found another dance floor. All she needed were some cowboy boots and she'd be set.
 After the 16 hour drive home, we were a little tired. Lauren is the best big sister ever and likes to be near Connor. She scooted her little seat over to his swing and rested her little foot. Sweet sweet girl.
 Happy 3 months Connor David, a little late. We finally got around to taking his 3 month picture....with big sissy of course. Also, Connor is wearing a little polo shirt and shorts. Hold me :( Don't grow up EVER baby boy.

 We went to the Circus tonight. Im slightly traumatized about the little protest outside of the arena about how the animals are treated. Speaking of, there weren't hardly any animals. I was disappointed. Horses at the beginning of the show, a bazillion tricks, and elephants at the very end. Lauren loved it though.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Lauren looks beautiful. Love that you took A BABY IN A BAR (love Sweet Home Alabama)!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love love the first picture! So sweet. Lauren was a precious flower girl. I don't blame you for driving. We have driven across country several times and as crazy as some people think it sounds it has been really enjoyable!

Aishlea said...

Cute pics!! We went to the circus Friday night. I had the same thoughts... it would have been better with more animals!