20 Weeks, July 23, 2011 with Baby #2
How Far Along: 20 weeks (this is late, I'm 22 weeks now)
Size of baby: 6 1/2 inches long and 20 ounces in weight.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8 pounds. It really all comes in the last half. I gained 6 pounds in 4 weeks.
Maternity Clothes: Usually just capris and shorts. The outfit above isn't maternity. My skirts and shirts have been fine so far. I always wore longer shirts before being pregnant so that helps to expand the wardrobe.
Gender: Surprise Surprise baby.
Movement: All the time. For the first time a couple of days ago, I saw my belly moving.
Sleep: My back is definitely starting to hurt at night and I can't quite get comfortable but I still sleep pretty well.
Symptoms: After I eat, my stomach feels "tight" if that makes sense. I had really bad restless leg syndrome with Lauren. I can feel it sometimes at night when I've had a busy day but I'm hoping it stays far away from me this time.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
Cravings: grilled okra and baked potatoes.
Best Moment this week: Watching my belly move for the first time.
What I am looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment on Aug. 23, Lauren feeling the baby move. She often watches for "baby brother." It's a boy this week to her but last time it was a girl. We shall see.
Lauren is finishing up her last semester at Little Gym. She has had fun once again and it's a fun activity for us to do together. Her gymnastics skills have really advanced. This Wednesday will be her last class there. We have moved to her to a big gymnastics center that has a gymnastics team for older kids. She had her first class there last week and really enjoyed it. It's more structured and really focuses on gymnastics skills. I think my little girl loves "Nastics" so that might be her little niche.
Walking the beam. She can do this without holding my hand but sometimes she is a little unsure. If we tell her to do "airplane arms", she'll hold her arms out to balance herself.
Getting ready to swing from the bars. This is her favorite and she did this at least 50 times.
Grabbing on to the high bar to swing...
Sticking the landing
Practicing straddle rolls with her teacher
There she goes....
6 comments:
looking good. hard to believe we are more than 1/2 way there. ;o)
You look great! How fun to let this baby be a surprise!
I have been out of the loop for sure! Congrats on baby #2. How exciting is that!!! :)
Lauren is as cute as ever!! She has grown up for sure.
Girl...you are looking GREAT!! I can't wait to see what you are having: boy or girl!!
Lauren is so cute doing gymnastics. She is so serious about sticking that landing. Adorable!
Look at her hair! It's getting so long! She is adorable.
Hope your feeling good. You look great!! She is so adorable at the Little Gym. Her hair is really growing and so pretty and blond. I have to admit I am hoping for a boy for you!! Either way as long as they're healthy.
Post a Comment