Monday, April 25, 2011

Hilton Head Island

A couple of weeks ago I took a girl's trip to Hilton Head Island with my Mom, Grandma, and Lauren. We stayed at The Marriott Resort and Spa. We really enjoy staying there and you can't beat the beautiful views. 
It was way too chilly to swim in the outdoor pools but Lauren had fun running all over the beautiful grounds. I thought she would really enjoy the hammocks but not so much. I think she was afraid she was going to fall out of them.
We migrated down to the beach but only lasted about 20 minutes. It was very windy and chilly. We had a great time but definitely learned to never go back in April. It was just way too chilly to enjoy the water.
She enjoyed sun bathing in the chair for about 10 seconds.
We ate dinner one night by the water. She picked out what she wanted off the menu :)
The indoor pool was a huge hit. It was freezing to be an indoor pool but we made it work. Poor little Lauren shivered from being so cold but we still made our way down there 1-2 times a day. Lauren's favorite activity was climbing up the ladder, all by herself, and jumping from the top step. She has no fear of water.
My little swimmer girl. Her new floatie came in handy.
At the end of the trip, she mastered swimming by herself. Here she is swimming to me. I would just back up a little bit at a time and before long, she was really swimming long distances, for her.
Sacked out in the car after eating dinner.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I love her smocked dress with the flower bow. So pretty!!

Rachel and Hans said...

Totally jealous here in MN!! :) Glad you had a good trip.

Courtney said...

What a fun getaway, I wish it were a little warmer for you guys.