Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Been A While

It's been a while, huh? Let me just load you down with some recent photos and what's been taking place here.

First up, Lauren's new backpack. I found this on ebay and loved it. Little L wanted to wear it immediately and prance around the house.
Lauren has chores at the ripe ole' age of 2. Her duties include laundry and loading/unloading the dishwasher. The laundry is her favorite Id say. If I don't watch her closely, she'll climb all the way in the dryer. Silly girl. 
My good friend, Rachel, had a baby shower in the Atlanta area. She and I met at Kennesaw State University in 2005. I'm so glad we've stayed in touch! Sweet baby boy, Graham, should arrive next month.
Lauren got some Barney love at the Chuck E. Cheese in Atlanta.
This is too funny not to post. My little 2 year old is super independent - hmmmm wonder where she gets that from?? :) She now tries to change her own diaper and dress herself. This is how it ended the other day. Both legs in 1 hole.
The best part is the diaper. It's all bunched in the back. Props to her for even getting it on though. I'll spare you the actual rear end photo!
Posing for her mama. You can really see the diaper in the mirror.
We ventured to the Chattanooga Lookouts baseball game on Sunday. It's one of our favorite activities to do in town. It's super duper cheap and incredibly fun. Lauren wasn't too crazy about the mascot but she sure liked blowing her kisses and telling her bye bye.
After the game, we got suckered into buying her the mascot stuffed animal. I secretly enjoy it though. Whatever makes my girl super happy.
This was from today after her music class. She only smiled because I told her I'd show it to my sister, Lindsay.
Lauren has been practicing her acting skills too. Anytime you tell her to do her "social laugh", she'll put her hands over her mouth and fake it. If you tell her to do her "fake cry" she sticks out the bottom lip and works it. Her new addition is the "surprise" face. Hilarious. I swear I don't really teach her to act. She does this on her own. It's so funny.
Lastly, Lauren LOVES to sing. I finally pulled out the video camera to catch her sweet little voice.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Aishlea said...

So cute! :)

I LOVE going to the Lookouts too. I hope to take Cohen one day soon and hope he stays awake through some of the game!

Rachel and Hans said...

Great update! Love the photo of Lauren doing laundry...Kaia loves to "help", too, although it ends up being twice as much work for me. But like you said...whatever makes them happy, right?! :)

Anonymous said...

You all have been busy. She is so cute trying to put on her diaper and dress herself. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

She is talking up a storm. I love the pics of her dressing herself, too cute!!

Angie said...

That is so funny....Layla will only smile if I tell her her Auntie is going to see the pictures!

Beth said...

That baby girl is a hoot!