Monday, October 20, 2014

5 month hiatus

 A 5 month blogging break. Craziness. Time to get caught up. I will start with this past weekend and then do a monthly recap from May-September. We had a busy and fun summer.
 
Welcome Fall. Oh how I love Fall. It's not too hot and it's not too cold. There are pumpkins, apples, cider, and I can bust out the fall candles. What's not to love?
 
We continued on with our love of travel and made the trek to Asheville, NC. I was reading someone's blog a few months ago and she talked about SkyTop Orchard. I looked them up online and it must be a happenin' spot to be in the fall. So our little family went apple picking on Saturday and had the best time.
 
Mom and I loving this new experience.
These two loved picking apples. We had to hike it all the way to the last row of trees to find our treasure. I just saw on their Facebook page that they are all done with apple picking for the season so we barely made it in time. 
We seriously filled that entire bucket to the top (about 18 pounds). The Pink Lady apples are soooo good. At the back of the orchard, the trees were still filled with Pink Ladies. The kids could easily reach them and they had a blast. 
I'm so glad this guy wasn't flying. His schedule has been a little intense with us having to get an apartment in his base city. I'm so glad he had a few days off. 
My Dad and Todd had to give our sweet little L a lift to the top. She thought it was the coolest thing reaching to the top to get the apples. 
This little Connor is growing up way too fast. He had an absolute blast. 
I'm pretty sure she thinks her Daddy is the best person on the planet. 
Love my little fam. 
Connor was so precious and would hold the bucket to fill it up. 
The views from this place were incredible. Those mountains in NC are just so beautiful. 

No comments: