Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's Friday and I Have No Pictures

It's Friday. Well technically Saturday because it's 1:16am. I have problems sleeping. It's awful/ridiculous. This is what's happening here at our household:

1. Lauren had the mother load of all fits at the mall today. She has been the best ever at keeping her new earrings clean but the cute flower fell off of one of them. She was basically left with a little stud in her ear. We migrated the 35 minutes over to Claires and got the replacement. She's on week 5 of her ears being pierced so we just switched it out. You would have thought I was torturing the child. It was insane. Needless to say, her screaming was because "Mom, I was just scared. Be nice. I was just scared." Ridiculous.

2.  Todd got word he's moving on up to the big planes soon. I'm so thankful our kids can travel so much. I'm hoping he'll fly international and our kiddos can tag along with Daddy.

3. I need a new kitchen table or eating table, whatever they are called. Ours is so uncomfortable so we just sit at the island.

4. This is so random

5. Connor is the best baby ever. I want to clone him. He did just learn the word "no" though and he loves to tell me "no" when he's mad about what I want him to do.

6. Lauren had PreK orientation this week. My big girl will be going 3 days a week at a super nice school.

7. We just started the private school search in town. I swear we have a private school on every corner.

8. I'm afraid these private schools might think my child is too Sassy. She does take after her mother. I've let the "D word" slip a couple of times and she has repeated....in public. Embarassing.

9. Todd and I watched Nursery University on Netflix and I about died laughing/feeling sorry for the kids/thinking the parents needed a Xanax. It's wild. It's about preschoolers getting into the top private schools in NYC. Mandell, a super popular school there, only costs $40,000 a year for kindergarten. Oh ya know, just pocket change for some folks. It was wild. You should watch it.

10. I've been cleaning out and selling things like a mad woman. I'm so beyond adamant about not having spoiled kids. They simply don't need so much stuff, they don't need to get everything they want, and they sure as heck don't need so many toys. Lauren grabbed something the other day and immediately said "don't sell it Mom!" Kinda funny.


2 comments:

Emily said...

It must be their age, because Lincoln can throw some mighty big fits! Awful!

He also starts Pre-K this year, but he will be going Monday-Friday from 7:30-1:00. He's never been away from me like this! Tomorrow is his first day!

Jill said...

I love her "don't sell it!" comment! I think we often forget how much they listen to us and observe what we are doing and store it for later. After we talked the other day and I told you we will move back at some point, Lauren started talking about how we have to find a new house that has a swing set, and how we have to go look at a lot of them again. She remembers the spiel!

And congrats to Todd for flying bigger planes!! Finally, right? About time the airlines got their act together and moved him on up!