Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Itty Bitty Baby is 3

 My sweet little love is now 3. That's just crazy. You can read all about his sweet birth HERE. It truly feels like yesterday that our sweet Connor joined us. I still can't believe I have a boy sometimes. I just always thought we'd be a girl only family. I feel so lucky that I have one of each. It's so fun getting to experience the boy things with him. I never knew anything about cars and trucks and boy is it fun to learn.
 
I asked him lots of times what kind of cake he wanted. He kept saying cars but I really don't think he truly understood. After saying cars at least 50 times, I think he really did get it. Smart little boy. I put an ambulance on top for Todd's dad who died in 1997. He worked on the ambulance and we want Connor and Lauren to understand who he was and what he was like.
 
We had a little family party at my parent's house. We usually always celebrate Thanksgiving week because of family being in town (his birthday is Dec 2). 
Connor loves flap books.  He sat with my dad and my sister's husband, Jim, for a long time looking at his new books.
He loved his new Spiderman costume. Lauren is always dressing him up in Princess outfits so sweet boy needed some boy dress up clothes. 
On his actual birthday, I took him shopping at Toys R Us. We walked down every single aisle while Lauren was at school. He immediately went to this fire truck. Good thing he already got that for his birthday from Todd's mom :) He ended up picking out a car. It was so fun shopping with him. I've gotten where I like taking the kids shopping on their birthdays so they can pick out exactly what they want.  
We went out to dinner at Cracker Barrel on his birthday. I picked that because both kids love their pancakes. We pulled up and sweet Connor was completely sacked out. 
Lauren was so excited he was turning 3. She did tell me earlier that there was no way he was 3 because he didn't look any older ;)  
We then went to see some Christmas lights that evening after dinner. Connor loved taking us! 
This big sister loves looking at fun lights. 
After seeing the lights, we went to the little holiday house type thing. The kids made reindeer food for Christmas Eve night. 
I tried to get a picture of them in their matching shirts. I love Connor's little fake smile. It's like a half smile because he's way too busy and on the move 100% of the time.  
We ended the evening with a visit with Santa. Connor was so precious. He was so bashful. Lauren just ate it up. After getting off of his lap, Connor kept saying "Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas." He's so stinkin cute. 
Mailing her wish list off to the North Pole. 
 
Connor's 3 year old stats:
26 pounds
36 inches
Size 2T in clothes
Itty bitty just like his Sissy and so so so precious 

No comments: