Sunday, February 2, 2014

Study Time


I just love these crazy kids. I've been working with Lauren on her kindergarten workbook so she'll be fully ready for "big girl" school in the fall. I'm amazed at how quickly she learns. I was teaching her some math the other day. She mastered how to measure things in inches. It was the sweetest thing seeing how excited she was when she figured out. 

We only applied to one private school for her elementary school years. We still haven't heard anything so who knows if they will have extra spots or not. And heck to the no she won't be going to the school we are zoned for. No thank you. We tried moving back in 2010 to Texas. We were building a beautiful home in Trophy Club and sadly lost it when our home here did not sell. So we tried moving to live in a better school zone. However, property taxes are so insanely high out there that our property taxes were more per year than school tuition here. It's so very inexpensive where we are. This was Todd's Bachelor Pad house. It's in a county next to a county that would be expensive to have a home on the mountain brow. He just got lucky here so we not only saved a huge huge huge amount on the house but also in taxes. Win win. So private tuition it is. However, if she doesn't get a spot, we might embark on homeschooling for a year. I won't jump up and down doing flips over it but whatever.

Connor wants to do what Sissy is doing all the time. He thinks her school desk is the coolest thing. 

1 comment:

Sonya said...

What cute kids. :) I have a Lauren and a Colton.