Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Love You Chicago

We just took our sweet Lauren to Chicago. At age 4, I thought she would really enjoy the city and all of the fun things there are to do there.

We left sweet brother home to play with his Grammy and Mema. I flew up with Lauren from Atlanta and we met Todd when he got done flying. We had a little maintenance delay in Atlanta so we were about 2 hours late. We got a little bored out of our minds. See that guy in the back of the picture with the blonde hair? Lauren thought he was Sean The Bachelor. My face turned slightly red when she almost ran up to him to say "Heyyyyy Sean." She loves The Bachelor.

 We took the L to Hotel Indigo in the city and immediately headed out for some awesome Chicago deep dish pizza. Lou Malnatis is where we went and it's our favorite for sure.

At O'Hare, headed to the train. She wouldn't walk on these things. She had to ride them. Hilarious.
On the fabulous train. Todd knows this train well. He had a "crash pad" (aka pilot apartment) 6 stops from O'Hare so he rode this train all the time. Lauren wasn't so sure what to think of public transportation.


The Lincoln Park zoo was on our agenda the next day. It was spectacular and we walked there from the hotel...in the freezing cold! That zoo is incredible and we had the best time.


After the zoo, ice skating was calling our name. I chickened out and watched Todd and Lauren. Im so glad I did though because I got great video of them. Lauren was so proud of herself, it was the cutest thing. 


We also took our sweet girl to the American Girl store. We walked out of the store empty handed but Caroline, the doll, is very much wanted. I'm so proud of Lauren for learning that sometimes we don't get what we want right then and that's it's important to be thankful for the dolls we have already.

Of course we got more pizza after skating. We hit up the famous Grimaldis to take note of who has the best pizza. Lou Malnatis takes the prize. Lauren slept during this entire dinner. We wore our girl out.
I flew home with my Little L and Todd went back to flying. We were so happy to be reunited with Connor. One day he'll be big enough for fun adventures too. Lauren slept the entire flight home. American cancelled some of their flights that morning so we ran over to Delta and hopped on one of their flights. We're thankful we can travel on other carriers. They saved the day for us.

Until then, I can't wait for more trips with my girl. I'm ready to introduce her to shopping in NYC next.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Those are the cutest pictures!

I am so jealous of all the traveling you get to do. I would love to travel and see parts of the states (or world). I've only been in the southern states, most were in just passing to go to either Florida or South Carolina for the beach!

I would love to visit Chicago and I keep hearing how good the deep dish pizza is.. what makes it so good?

Cherry said...

What a wonderful experience! She seems like the best traveler...I'm sure it's hereditary! And what great lessons she is learning about "waiting for our wants." Great parenting!

Courtney said...

What a great little trip. I think it is wonderful that you are teaching her to wait for things that she wants.

Aishlea said...

So sweet! Yes, NYC next!! :)