Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ho Ho Ho

Well it looks like I have about a month of catch up to do on the blog. I don't like getting too far behind as this my family's scrapbook so be prepared for lots of posts back to back.

Our Christmas was so nice and low key. I don't do stress so I prefer everything to be easy. I don't get into the whole stressful holiday drama. We stay home on Christmas morning so Lauren (and soon Connor) can experience the magic of Santa coming to our home. My parents are only 3 hours away so it's an easy drive up for them.

On Christmas Eve, our family plus my parents went to our new church up on Signal Mountain. It's huge and they have a wonderful Christmas Eve service. We went to the 5pm children's performance. The 2nd graders put on a wonderful presentation of the Christmas Story. At the end of the service, all of the kids in the audience took either a monetary donation or canned good to baby Jesus to donate to a local organization here in town. We got to the church a little before 5 and it was a packed house. We had to sit on the side pews and we couldn't see a thing. The music was wonderful though :) The candlelight service was that night at 11pm but we chose to stay in.

The tradition on my side of the family is to have a nice prime rib dinner on Christmas Eve. We had it at lunch because of going to church. My dad made a delicious prime rib with au jus, baked potatoes, green beans, and rolls. Delicious.

This is a picture that someone posted on facebook of the candlelight service. So beautiful. 
Good morning, Connor! He was the last to wake up. Sweet boy sleeps until almost 10. He loves his dark room with his music.

Christmas morning was nice and slow. We are not morning people. Sometimes I wish I was but I'm just not. When I get up early, I enjoy it after I'm awake but it's the getting up that's hard. Our Santa excitement started around 9ish. Santa really pulled through this year. Lauren has been asking for a Princess bike with a "holder thing" for sweet forever. A "holder thing" is a carriage on the front to hold baby Cinderella. My mom, aka Santa, really delivered! With Todd traveling all the time, it's pretty hard for me to escape to a store, get a bike, hide it in the car, etc all solo. Connor got the Little People airport set and he really enjoys eating the people currently.
  We made sausage biscuits and gravy around 11am. We planned on having it for breakfast but we were just a little lazy and had brunch instead. My kind of morning :)

Lauren couldn't wait to give my mom and dad their annual Shutterfly calendars. That is the one requested gift every single year. 
My dad's favorite gift: Reindeer beer. Keepin it classy.
I attempted to get some photos of the kids in front of the tree with their matching jammies. Connor is a man on a mission. He doesn't sit still.....ever.

We ended Jesus's birthday with a fantastic dinner. Todd fried a turkey, dad made ham, mom and I made sweet potato casserole, dressing, and gravy. Connor then helped with the dishes. 

No comments: